We take an integrated approach to pharmacy services at Apothecary by Design. We offer a broad range of clinical services and support, a personalized communication style, and a compassionate, hands-on approach to treatment.
We specialize in working with complex disease states and chronic conditions requiring advanced drug therapies, injectable medications, and more complicated treatment regimens.
Our integrated model enables us to continually leverage all aspects of the pharmacy to deliver high quality, individualized care and substantial benefits to patients, health care providers, and health plans. It also allows us to play many active roles in managing and improving health care.
At Apothecary by Design we are:
- Advocating on patients’ behalf to ensure maximum utilization of benefits (and often finding coverage where none was thought to be had)
- Proactively making suggestions to manage costs
- Accessing patient assistance programs & working with partners to provide substantial discounts for self-pay patients
- Facilitating the prior-authorization process
- Providing a full clinical support team and experienced staff members with advanced training in specialty areas such as women’s health and nutrition
- Offering on-site and phone consultation nursing support
- Sharing knowledgeable disease support
- Supplying expertise in all aspects of pharmacy from compounding to nutraceuticals
- Overseeing administration of multiple medications and complex treatment protocols
- Maintaining a higher degree of compliance due to monitoring and outreach
- Managing side effects with supplementation (when necessary)
- Making positive interventions in safety, waste management, and quality to save time and money
- Communicating with health care providers and patients to support comprehensive health
- Dedicated to better coordination of patient care
- Educating patients in treatment protocols and health resources
- Providing reimbursement verification and coordination
Click on our Health Topic links, call, or come into the store and see us to learn more about how our specialty services can help improve your quality of life.
We are proud to announce that Apothecary by Design has been granted full URAC accreditation as a Specialty Pharmacy. Successfully accomplishing this goal grants ABD nationally recognized distinction that will convey to all patients, providers and insurance plans alike a commitment to superior quality service and patient safety.
URAC, an independent, nonprofit organization, is a well-known leader in promoting healthcare quality through its accreditation, education, and measurement programs. URAC offers a wide range of quality benchmarking programs and services that model the rapid changes in the healthcare system and provide a symbol of excellence for organizations to validate their commitment to quality and accountability. For more information, visit www.urac.org.