Apothecary by Design specializes in helping patients with complex diseases and chronic conditions that often require advanced drug therapies, injectable medications, and complicated treatment regimens. For example, patients with infertility, infectious diseases such as hepatitis C and HIV, inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, or organ transplants.
But we do more than dispense medication.
Our experienced, dedicated staff of pharmacists, nurses, and patient care coordinators work to educate, counsel, and guide patients through their pharmacological care. From facilitating the prior-authorization process to providing compounded medications, from maximizing benefit utilization for patients to educating them about disease states, we offer a broad range of clinical services and compassionate, hands-on advocacy.
The process can seem like a complicated maze, but we help patients navigate it smoothly. Simply put, we make the complex simple.
Our model not only delivers excellent results for patients, but also produces successful outcomes for the heathcare system, including providers, payers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Here are some of the reasons Apothecary by Design is a special kind of specialty pharmacy.
- Easy access and 24/7 support. Our phones are always answered “live” by knowledgeable staff during the day. On-call clinicians are accessible at any hour to help patients with questions or urgent care needs. Medications are shipped overnight, securely, confidentially, at no cost.
- Extraordinary patient satisfaction. In 2015, 100% of the hundreds of patients responding to our quality survey reported they were extremely satisfied/satisfied with our service.
- Financial advocacy. In addition to helping patients make full use of their insurance and benefits, Apothecary by Design accessed $4 million in funding during 2015 to assist patients with the out-of-pocket costs of their medications.
- Deep expertise. Our clinicians are experts in their fields, and include certified specialty pharmacists. We maintain strong academic affiliations with several schools of pharmacy. And our clinicians work in specialized teams, each dedicated to the unique needs of patients in a single disease state.
- Triple accreditation. Apothecary by Design is one of only a handful of pharmacies accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board, and URAC.